Vimmbox

Hataraku Saibou: Cells at Work - Episode 2 - Anime Review

Jul 16, 2018

1'528 views

I had high hopes for this anime. I reall looked forward to seeing this show. However, after seeing the first two episodes, I am a bit disappointend. This is neither good or bad, it is just "meh". Nevertheless, i wrote a short review.
Well now…the novelty of the premise of this anime wore off quick! The first episode of Cells At Work was a fun comedy with cute characters with a possible romantic developement in the spirit of Magic School Bus or Where’s. But not long into the second episode this anime lost me. A voice-over re-introduces the characters and their function, as if they didn’t just do that last week, and other than that, everything’s too…straightforward.

There’s not much of any clever wit to anything. Everything happens the way you expect: when the skin (city) endures a scrape (fissure), it starts bleeding (flushing the people-cells out into the void outside). The platelets only encourage questions like “will they ever grow up?” or “why is child labor cute?” And of course, the red blood cell protagonist is lost again, because she apparently always is.

Hataraku Saibou isn’t bad, nor is this episode actually that much worse than the first. It’s just hard for me to watch personally. I actually scrubbed through the end of the episode. It’s a show that very genuinely and enthusiastically want to teach you stuff about the body while entertaining you with the hijinks of its characters. But maybe I don’t want to learn, or at least learn like this. It’s not you, show, it’s me.
report With the click of this button you will proceed to the media-reporting form.
comment
Anti-armenianism
By
naire_nane

Anti-Armenianism exists in Azerbaijan on institutional[68] and social[69] levels. Armenians are "the most vulnerable group in Azerbaijan in the field of racism and racial discrimination."[70]
1 year ago
Srbuhi Dussab
By
naire_nane

The women activity
1 year ago
Charles Aznavour
By
naire_nane

abour Charles Aznavour
1 year ago
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019
By
my photo

Hi friends... i am going to share my new year plan...
1 year ago
Nikol Pashinyan
By
naire_nane

About the new prime minister of Armenia
1 year ago
Viral Go Redesign Premium Blogger Template
By
Campuran354

Download template blogger gratis
1 year ago
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 2 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

It is a worth watching anime series and I genuinely just can’t wait to see another episode of this series. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni is my favorite series.
2 years ago
Armenian Genocide and its denial
By
naire_nane

Although it was possible for Armenians to achieve status and wealth in the Ottoman Empire,
1 year ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 is still going strong with this episode. This wasn’t my favourite episode so far, but it doesn’t mean it won’t get better in the future. I am definitely hyped to see the upcoming epic fight.
2 years ago

Comments

You have to be logged in to write a comment...
Create account
Login
Not yet commented...