Vimmbox

Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 10 - Anime Review

This week’s episode was very enjoyable. This iteration of the Seven Deadly Sins was split into two parts. The first half was rather emotional with the back story of Ban and Zhivago and second was more light-hearted. However, at the end, the story got more and more tense, escalating into the confrontation by King of Meliodas and his past with the Ten Commandments.

Synopsis

After Meliodas passed his trial we see the other members of the Seven Deadly Sins waiting outside. King is very angry at Hendrickson for what he did to Helbram. Hendrickson says: “I will accept any punishment when the times comes … I need to protect Lioness.” But King doesn’t really care. After the opening, we join again Ban, Jericho and the Ware-Fox. We finally see the full backstory of Ban with the thief Zhivago. Ban was mistreated by his parents. He never had food, so he was always hungry. On the look out for food, he was even kidnapped by a man and a woman. They wanted to sell him to Lady Roxane. However, he is saved by Zhivago. In their hideout, Ban asks Zhivago to teach him how to steal. Zhivago is at first reluctant to teach him how to steal. He says, that he will never be able to be part of the normal human society. Nevertheless, the thief teaches him how to steal. After some time, Ban asks Zhivago about his son.

After a short description of his son, Zhivago says to Ban, that he should never trust humans. We see, that Zhivago sees Ban almost like his own son. To Ban, the thief is like the perfect father. However, tragedy takes hold of them and they are torn apart. Zhivago leaves behind Ban, who is being beaten after a failed steeling attempt, to save his son, who is threatened to be killed by some soldiers, who have found his hideout. Back to present, Ban realizes, that the beastman in the bed is Zhivago and there is a very heartful reunion. Back to the other Seven Deadly Sins. King doesn’t want to train with the others, because he is not in the mood anymore. To train, the team has to go in pairs inside a cave with the bare minimum to face different kinds of creatures and monsters. We see some good fighting by the different pairs. Outside, King reevaluates his situation and decides to train with the others anyhow. However, at first, he should have train with Hendrickson. But, Meliodas intervenes and both of them enter the cave to face some monsters of their own. Inside, King is sceptical of Meliodas’ past in the Demon Clan and with the Ten Commandments. He is not sure if his captain is really with the Seven Deadly Sins. He confronts his leader about his obscure past.

Themes

- The past of Ban and the beastman Zhivago. The scene where Zhivago had to decide if he should help his son or Ban was very tough. I am very glad that Ban could understand the decision of Zhivago.
- Training arc. The protagonists have to improve their skills to be able to fight the Ten Commandments.
- King obviously is eager to find his love Diane.
- The confrontation between King and Meliodas. It’s obvious, that King is sceptical of Meliodas’ past with the Demon Clan. He doubts his captain, if he is really on the side of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Verdict

This week’s episode was again very good. I quite like the division of the episode in two halves. I never enjoyed it, when a movie or a series jumps between two plot points back and forth. With every jump, I usually fall out of the story because I am so invested with the current plotline but the I get ripped away. This clear separation was refreshing, and I have to give props for that. Ok, lets talk about King and Meliodas. It’s now obvious, that King is sceptical of Meliodas’ past in the Demon Clan and with the Ten Commandments. He is not sure if his captain is really with the Seven Deadly Sins. Man, this cliff-hanger got me hyped-up for next week. I can’t wait to see the two overpowered characters duke it out.

Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 8 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

The Seven Deadly Sins are still chasing after Diane, who ran off to try to remember her past. She must now face alone the Commandment of Truth Galand, who is eager to kill the giant once and for all. Will Diane be able to survive? This episode was not flaw less but it was still very enjoyable.
6 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This episode has a lot of characterisation and interaction between the main characters. We finally see the darker side of our bets girl Zero Tow and it’s apparent, that she is not a good girl.
7 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 7 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

It is again time for my favourite shonen anime of this winter season of anime 2018. Will Diane be able remember King or any of the Seven Deadly Sins? What will happen to Gowther who, as we know, is the cause for the amnesia of Diane.
6 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 9 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Wow! Wow! Wow! We finally get to see Meliodas very emotional. To be honest, I almost chocked up seeing the heart wrenching scenes with Liz. In my opinion, this was the best and most emotional episode of Nanatsu no Taizai yet. I am so pumped up to see the Seven Deadly Sins develop even more.
6 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 10 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

In this week, we get a Zorome focused episode. I didn’t quite enjoy this episode as much as the last one, which was really epic. However, there was a lot of world building and clarifications on the purpose of adults in this world. Zorome had a lot of screen time in which he had a lot of development.
6 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 is still going strong with this episode. This wasn’t my favourite episode so far, but it doesn’t mean it won’t get better in the future. I am definitely hyped to see the upcoming epic fight.
7 months ago
Attack on Titan Season 3 Episode 1 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Finally, after one year of waiting we get another season of Attack on Titan. After the events of the second season, I am eager to see the continuation of this well-liked story. As promised, we will get some more on Captain Levi and the politics of a society behind walls. However, I hope we will not fall short on the savage action of a Human vs Titan battle.
2 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 9 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Wow, wow, wow! This episode had so much going on. The romantic tensions in the last episodes got finally their pay off. And damn, it was beautiful to see Goro coping with his feelings for Ichigo. I admit, I am completely addicted to this show!
6 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 6 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

In this episode we got again glorious battle scenes, which were expertly animated by Studio Trigger and A1-Pictures. However, with this episode I am quite worried for the future of this series. Hiro’s tumour just vanished, without any consequences for our protagonist. I hope that the characters of this series don’t get a to big of a Plot-Armor, which would ruin the vibe of this 24-episode long anime. Having said that, I am very pleased with this episode and I am looking forward to next week.
7 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 4 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai is still going strong with this episode. The power of the ten commandments is continuing to grow and King is fighting against the huge golem, who threatens to destroy the forest. I am very pleased with this episode.
7 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 2 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

The second episode of Darling in the FranXX by A1-Pictures and Studio Trigger has finally aired. The visuals of this series are great and the story though not so unique was still very entrancing.
8 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 4 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Here we have it! I believe it’s safe to say that Darling in the FranXX is the anime of the season. There were so many things going on in this episode. The romance is better than in most dedicated romance-anime, the cinematography is as good as “Eureka Seven” and the action is breath-taking.
7 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Darling in the FranXX continues to be my favorite show of this season. The pacing is rather slow but well managed, the imagery and animation are absolutely breathtaking.
7 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This week we got again a very good episode of Seven Deadly Sins season 2. How can you defeat some overpowered heroes? With more overpowered villains obviously.
7 months ago
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 47 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

With this episode the Byajuya Gang Arc ends. I find it fantastic, that Boruto: Naruto Next Generations turned the drama up to eleven. The fight scenes where epic and enjoyable. However, I still think the main villain is a bit bland. Nevertheless, it was a great episode!
6 months ago

Comments

You have to be logged in to write a comment...
Not yet commented...