Vimmbox

Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 9 - Anime Review

Mar 12, 2018

4'357 views

Wow! Wow! Wow! We finally get to see Meliodas very emotional. To be honest, I almost chocked up seeing the heart wrenching scenes with Liz. In my opinion, this was the best and most emotional episode of Nanatsu no Taizai yet. I am so pumped up to see the Seven Deadly Sins develop even more.

Synopsis

In this week’s episode Nanatsu no Taizai season 2 picks right off, where it left us last week. Meliodas is still facing his trial to get his powers back and Ban and Jericho are still looking for a guy, who can supposedly revive people. During his trial, Meliodas is send back to Denefor and he meets again with his former love Liz. At first, he is very wary of his situation. He takes care to remember, that he is in a trial and that what he experiences can not be real. Elizabeth, who accompanied the captain in to the tower, gets a trial of her own. She must heal a seed of a flower, which is infected with a disease. Furthermore, she has to make it bloom with no water or light. Back to Meliodas, his trial is absolutely cruel. He must relive all the good moments he had with Liz and then he must witness her death over and over, until he is able get over his emotions. This trial is designed to snuff out all of his emotions, so that he is able to control his powers once he gets them back. However, the captain struggles with his trial. He is not able to forget about Liz. Seeing her die gets him over the edge and he lets himself be taken over by his demonic side. But finally, Meliodas is able the face the fact, that he can’t change a thing and that he has to accept the reality. At the end he is able to master his trial.

Ban and Jericho are still running after the rumour, that a person is able to revive people. Ban wants to find this person to get his lover Elaine back. First, he meets with a chemist, who can’t help him much. However, he did hear about this rumour. He heard, that a couple of people came back from the dead in a nearby town called Ravens. In a bar in Ravens, Jericho feels uncomfortable. She thinks, that the other guests are staring at Ban. However, he explains, that the other are not staring at him but at her. In the evening, they are looking for a place to sleep. They find a room with only one bed. In the room, the travellers are getting ready to sleep. Ban decides to sleep on the floor, because he is more used to it. Jericho gets obviously gloomy about this.

Jericho ask Ban why he know this Raven so well. We learn that Ban lived here as a kid. As a child he was very poor, so he stole food from a merchant. This got him into prison, where he met Zhivago. The back story is cut short because they hear somebody being beaten outside. After hearing the culprits mentioning the rumour, Ban decides to intervein. The person being beaten is a warefox. This Beastmen knows something about the rumour.

Themes

- Meliodas must face his tragic past to get peace with the fact, that Liz died and that he can not do anything about it.
- The Seven Deadly Sins must improve to be able to defeat the Ten Commandments.

Verdict

In my opinion, this episode of Nanatsu no Taizai was the best yet. I adored that we finally get to see Meliodas very emotional. I have to admit I almost chocked up during the heart wrenching scenes with Liz. I honestly never saw Meliodas struggle this much in the anime adaptation.

This episode humanized the captain in a way I haven’t seen before. The pacing was spot on and I really like how Jericho and Ban got also some valuable screen time. As an anime-only, I am really looking forward how both of them will develop in the future. Am I the only one who thinks they would make a cute couple? Never mind, I am really happy with the direction this series is taking and I can’t wait to see next week’s episode.

report With the click of this button you will proceed to the media-reporting form.
comment
ग्रामीण भारत का अभिशाप rural india bane
By
km05021990

किसी भी देश की अर्थव्यवस्था आय, खपत, बचत और निवेश के बूते चलती है. जब आय का रास्ता खुलता है तो व्यक्ति खपत करता है. खपत के बाद जो बचत होती है, उसी को निवेश किया जाता है. लेकिन, मौजूदा आर्थिक आंकड़ों को देखें तो भारतीय अर्थव्यवस्था इस चक्र के हिसाब से काम नहीं कर रही है।
9 months ago
Without you
By
Rashmita

He left her and went without saying a goodbye.
The day before he left her they had a wonderful time together.
But next day she didn't found him, what she found was only the ring.
She missed him a lot but then she got over it.
1 year ago
Hoon mai parwana
By
Bhagwansingh

Hoon mai parwana magar koi sahmma
To ho
Raat to ho jaan dene ko hoon haazir koi
Baat toh ho
1 year ago
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 2 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

It is a worth watching anime series and I genuinely just can’t wait to see another episode of this series. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni is my favorite series.
2 years ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 is still going strong with this episode. This wasn’t my favourite episode so far, but it doesn’t mean it won’t get better in the future. I am definitely hyped to see the upcoming epic fight.
2 years ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This episode has a lot of characterisation and interaction between the main characters. We finally see the darker side of our bets girl Zero Tow and it’s apparent, that she is not a good girl.
2 years ago
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 49 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Unfortunately, this was just a “meh!” episode. I didn’t really care about the characters. However, I still enjoyed it for what they are. I didn’t bother to write a review for this episode. I quoted following review from theanimescrolls. If you like it, please click on the link below and give them some love. That aside, enjoy!
2 years ago
Wo mere dil per
By
Bhagwansingh

Wo mere dil per sar rakh
Kar soyi thi
Bekhber
Hamnye dhadkan hi rok li
Kahi nind na
Tut jaaye unki
Er kasz
1 year ago
Tirchi nigaahon se
By
Bhagwansingh

Tirchi nigaahon se na dekh aashiq e dilbar ko
Kaise teerandaaz ho tum
Zara seedha to karlo teer ko
1 year ago
Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love
By
shankar

Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love
1 year ago

Comments

You have to be logged in to write a comment...
Create account
Login
Not yet commented...