Vimmbox

Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 8 - Anime Review

Mar 04, 2018

4'576 views

The Seven Deadly Sins are still chasing after Diane, who ran off to try to remember her past. She must now face alone the Commandment of Truth Galand, who is eager to kill the giant once and for all. Will Diane be able to survive? This episode was not flaw less but it was still very enjoyable.

Synopsis

The Commandment of Truth Galand is bragging about killing Meliodas. However, the other are not quite believing him and Galand is getting more and more irritated. Suddenly he senses something in the distance and runs off. Diane is still wandering around looking for things, that might get her memories back. Unluckily, Galand is already waiting for her. Understandably, Diane is terrified by the presence of the Ten Commandments. She tries to run away, but she is cut off by another member of the Ten Commandments Monspeet.

Galand asks Diane how she managed to survive his attack. However, Diane doesn’t remember anything. The member of the Ten Commandment believes that she is lying. He is quite surprised, when he sees, that Diane is not turning in to stone. He attacks Diane to finally kill her, but our member of the Seven Deadly Sins is saved by another Giant. Meliodas is able to sense the battle between the Giants and the Ten Commandments from a distance. When the dust settles, Diane is able to see who saved her. It’s Matrona! Diane is obviously overwhelmed by her emotions and wants to hug her former mentor. However, Matrona beats her unconscious and caries her away. Galand, excited by the worthy opponent, is continuing to attack the two giants. Being still very calm, Monspeet notices the presence of Meliodas. To kill him, Monspeet is sending his Hellfire Bird. However, Hawk Mama, the huge Pig the Seven Deadly Sins are riding on, is able to swallow the attack whole. After the attack, Merlin proposes a change of directions. She argues, that Diane must be hidden with someone who is able to protect her from the Ten Commandments. If they continue to chase after her, she continues, they will lead the other members of the Ten Commandments directly to her and it will put her at a great risk. King, who is of course unhappy with this decision, sees the problem and agrees to the proposal. We learn, that Merlin took the immense powers away from Meliodas because they were just too powerful and thus too dangerous. So, the Seven Deadly Sins are now going to the Sacred Land of the Druids to get Meliodas’ powers back. Once they arrive there, they meet three members of the Druid clan: Druid Chief Jenna, Druid Chief Zaneri and Theo. To get the power back, Meliodas and Elizabeth are following Zaneri into the tower. In the Tower, Meliodas has to face a trial. The Captain beliefs at first, that it will be easy for him. However, Zaneri warns him, that this trial will be very difficult and very painfull. She is not sure, if Meliodas will be able to withstand it. Nevertheless, Meliodas is eager to get to the trial and Zaneri sends him into a different world. However, Meliodas remembers this world. Suddenly, his former love is standing in front of him. Liz!

Themes

- Training Arc! Our main characters must train to be able to defeat the Ten Commandments.
- Meliodas has to face his tragic past with Liz to get his powers back.
- The Ten Commandments are a seemingly undefeatable opponent to the Seven Deadly Sins.
- The return of Matrona.

Verdict

That cliff-hanger though! I am really hyped to seeing how Meliodas will be able to face his tragic past with Liz. I am quite happy with this episode. I found it better than the last one. We are getting some great setup for the future Training Arc, where the Seven Deadly Sins will have to improve their powers to be able to defeat the Ten Commandments. However, I found some points I didn’t quite find as good. For example, why is Hawk Mama able to swallow the Hellfire Bird of Monspeet with no effort at all. Furthermore, in my opinion Gowther is just an annoying character. Nonetheless this weeks’ episode was very good, and I am dying to see, what will happen next.

report With the click of this button you will proceed to the media-reporting form.
comment
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 2 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

It is a worth watching anime series and I genuinely just can’t wait to see another episode of this series. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni is my favorite series.
2 years ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 is still going strong with this episode. This wasn’t my favourite episode so far, but it doesn’t mean it won’t get better in the future. I am definitely hyped to see the upcoming epic fight.
2 years ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This episode has a lot of characterisation and interaction between the main characters. We finally see the darker side of our bets girl Zero Tow and it’s apparent, that she is not a good girl.
2 years ago
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 49 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Unfortunately, this was just a “meh!” episode. I didn’t really care about the characters. However, I still enjoyed it for what they are. I didn’t bother to write a review for this episode. I quoted following review from theanimescrolls. If you like it, please click on the link below and give them some love. That aside, enjoy!
2 years ago
Seven Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai) - Aha!
By
AnAnimeGeek

" He said they were the strongest and worst knight order in the kingdom, founded by the seven worst felons who had tattooed on their bodies the signs of seven beasts, and ten years ago they were accused of wanting to overthrow the kingdom. All of the Holy Knights of the country made an attack on them together, and so they scattered themselves in all the winds "

- Elizabeth to Meliodas and Hawk in The Seven Deadly Sins

2 years ago
Meliodas (Nanatsu no Taizai) - Aha!
By
AnAnimeGeek

Meliodas is the leader of the Seven Deadly Sins and the deadly sin of wrath with the dragon's symbol. He is the protagonist of Seven Deadly Sins and the host of Boar Hat .
2 years ago
Devilman: Crybaby - Aha!
By
AnAnimeGeek

Devilman Crybaby (stylized as DEVILMAN crybaby) is a Japanese anime series based on Go Nagai's manga Devilman. It was directed by Masaaki Yuasa and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi, and premiered on January 5, 2018 worldwide streaming on Netflix as an original series.
2 years ago
Darling in the Franxx - Aha!
By
AnAnimeGeek

Darling in the Franxx (Japanese: ダーリン・イン・ザ・フランキス Hepburn: Dārin In Za Furankisu) is a 2018 Japanese science fiction anime television series co-produced by Trigger and A-1 Pictures premiered on January 13, 2018. The series was announced at Trigger's Anime Expo 2017 panel in July 2017. A manga adaptation by Kentaro Yabuki and another caricature began serialization on January 14, 2018.
2 years ago
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
By
AnAnimeGeek

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Japanese: デスマーチからはじまる異世界狂想曲 Hepburn: Desu Māchi Kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyōsōkyoku) is a Japanese light novel series written by Hiro Ainana. The first volume was published in March 2014. A manga adaptation by Ayamegumu ran in Age Premium until the magazine ceased publication, and was then transferred to Monthly Dragon Age. Both the light novels and the manga adaptation have been licensed for publication in North America by Yen Press. An anime television series adaptation by Silver Link and Connect premiered on January 11, 2018.
2 years ago
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
By
AnAnimeGeek

Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san (からかい上手の高木さん, lit. "Skilled Teaser Takagi-san") is a Japanese manga series by Sōichirō Yamamoto. The series features the daily life of Takagi-san, who loves to tease her classmate and friend Nishikata-kun, and Nishikata-kun's failed attempts to get back at her. An anime television series adaptation by Shin-Ei Animation premiered on January 8, 2018.
2 years ago

Comments

You have to be logged in to write a comment...
Create account
Login
Not yet commented...