Vimmbox

Darling in the Franxx Episode 8 - Anime Review

The tale of fanservice continues for our mech pilots. Sexuality and nudity are the main themes in this episode. After a wardrobe failure, the girls are trying to keep their distance from the boys. However, Zero Two, being best-girl, is doing everything she can to sabotage all the effort by the girls, which results in formidable and enjoyable situations. Man, I would do terrible things to be Hiro.

Synopsis

This episode starts right in to the action. Our main characters are fighting a strange Klaxosaur. This exemplar doesn’t seem to do any damage to the FranXX. However, it spills out some nasty blue goop at our heroes, which drips into the FranXX and dissolves the already tight outfit of the girls. The boys, which are behind the girls, of course can’t get their eyes of the spectacle. After the girls find out about this, they are obviously very pissed at the boys. During the debriefing our male characters are trying to calm the ladies, who get even more angry.

Hiro, like the hero he is, tries to get between the two hardened parties. He repeats what Zero Two said to him: “The parasites are better off being a little pervy!” This statement makes the situation even worse. The female characters are getting more and more angry. They decide to instate some consequences. They draw a line through the entire mansion they live in. One side is only for the girls and the other is just for the boys. Doctor FranXX seams to be quite relaxed about this situation, when he hears it from Nana and Hachi. I am speculating here, but I believe he wants it to happen. I am also quite certain, that he wanted the kids to awaken their romantic and sexual instinct at the beach. Back on course, doctor FranXX asks Nana and Hachi to ignore this development. Furthermore, he orders them not to tell any of the circumstances to the APE.

Back to our main characters, the boys are hitting back. They are now less strict with their dress code. They are walking half naked and only in panties in front of the girls. The ladies are obviously really angry about this. While cleaning the bath, the female characters are ranting about the boys. There is some back and forth between the gents and the girls. However, Zero Two doesn’t really care about the new rules. She just behaves as always and is in fact really enjoying the theatre she sees as a spectator. There is great moment with Kokkoro and Mitzuku in the greenhouse. They have a good conversation about the fight and Mitzuku finds out, that Kokkoro brought with her the book about babies. He appears to be very indifferent about this fact. Back in the dorm, Zero Two agrees to help the girls out. However, being Zero Two she sabotages all efforts by the ladies to keep their distance to the boys. This entire scene escalates in the baths. Zero Two rigs the signs so, that the gents and ladies end up naked in the bath. Furthermore, she steals all the clothes. Hiro chases after Zero Two and ends up on the roof of the building. The pink haired girl throws all the clothes at Hiro in a playful manner. This scene is amazing because it’s the first time we see Hiro and Zero Two really enjoy the moment and laugh together. To answer the question of Hiro, why she did this, she calmly responds: “I wanted to try taking part in a human fight. Hey, darling, do I seem a little more human now?”

After a discussion, the boys and girls are reconciling, and they get once again along. However, Miku finds a room of the former Squad 13, which was entirely annihilated in battle.

Themes

- Our main characters are all hitting puberty. Doctor FranXX most probably wants it to happen. He probably wants to see, if a more intimate relationship improves the act of piloting the FranXX.
- Acceptance of the romantic and sexual instincts.
- Our main characters are burdened by the knowledge, that they might die soon in battle.

Verdict

This was quite a different kind of episode. It was lighter hearted than the previous. It was not my favourite episode so far, but I still found it very enjoyable. I find the character development of Zero Two very interesting. In last episode she was still very distant to the group. However, in this one she appeared very friendly to the girls. But of course, being Zero Two she had to sabotage all efforts by the ladies to keeping their distance to the boys. I am sure, that what happened in this episode will have some repercussions in the future. I am really looking forward to see the different relationships evolve in next episode.

Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 8 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

The Seven Deadly Sins are still chasing after Diane, who ran off to try to remember her past. She must now face alone the Commandment of Truth Galand, who is eager to kill the giant once and for all. Will Diane be able to survive? This episode was not flaw less but it was still very enjoyable.
6 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 11 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

OMG! Kokoro is such a bad girl! This week’s episode is mainly focused on Mitsuru and Kokoro. Their character development is amazing. I had a grudge against Mitsuru because of his dick-move in episode 3. However, after seeing this episode I think he is in fact a good guy. Adding to that, the Kokoro x Mitsuru ship is sailing strong!
5 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This episode has a lot of characterisation and interaction between the main characters. We finally see the darker side of our bets girl Zero Tow and it’s apparent, that she is not a good girl.
7 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 7 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

It is again time for my favourite shonen anime of this winter season of anime 2018. Will Diane be able remember King or any of the Seven Deadly Sins? What will happen to Gowther who, as we know, is the cause for the amnesia of Diane.
6 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 9 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Wow! Wow! Wow! We finally get to see Meliodas very emotional. To be honest, I almost chocked up seeing the heart wrenching scenes with Liz. In my opinion, this was the best and most emotional episode of Nanatsu no Taizai yet. I am so pumped up to see the Seven Deadly Sins develop even more.
6 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 10 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

In this week, we get a Zorome focused episode. I didn’t quite enjoy this episode as much as the last one, which was really epic. However, there was a lot of world building and clarifications on the purpose of adults in this world. Zorome had a lot of screen time in which he had a lot of development.
6 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 6 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

In this episode we got again glorious battle scenes, which were expertly animated by Studio Trigger and A1-Pictures. However, with this episode I am quite worried for the future of this series. Hiro’s tumour just vanished, without any consequences for our protagonist. I hope that the characters of this series don’t get a to big of a Plot-Armor, which would ruin the vibe of this 24-episode long anime. Having said that, I am very pleased with this episode and I am looking forward to next week.
7 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 9 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Wow, wow, wow! This episode had so much going on. The romantic tensions in the last episodes got finally their pay off. And damn, it was beautiful to see Goro coping with his feelings for Ichigo. I admit, I am completely addicted to this show!
6 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 4 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai is still going strong with this episode. The power of the ten commandments is continuing to grow and King is fighting against the huge golem, who threatens to destroy the forest. I am very pleased with this episode.
7 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 4 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Here we have it! I believe it’s safe to say that Darling in the FranXX is the anime of the season. There were so many things going on in this episode. The romance is better than in most dedicated romance-anime, the cinematography is as good as “Eureka Seven” and the action is breath-taking.
7 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Darling in the FranXX continues to be my favorite show of this season. The pacing is rather slow but well managed, the imagery and animation are absolutely breathtaking.
7 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This week we got again a very good episode of Seven Deadly Sins season 2. How can you defeat some overpowered heroes? With more overpowered villains obviously.
7 months ago
Violet Evergarden Episode 8 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This was the first episode of Violet Evergarden to deliver the same level of spectacle and emotional intensity as the premiere. The final moments came almost out of nowhere, even if they have been foreshadowed for a while.
6 months ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 7 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Ii is the round number seven for Darling in the FranXX and it is time for the mighty (I believe it is even mandatory in japan). This is usually a huge turn down for any anime Fan who doesn’t really care for the fanservice everybody else is craving for. Will this episode be bad or are Studio Trigger and A1-Pictures able to pull it off?
6 months ago
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Watching this title, and thinking back on the similarly sharp writing in other seinen and josie (e.g., Kuzu no Honkai, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu), it would be nice if Japanese women wrote more anime. They seem to be doing the best work right now, and have a strong knack for character development—even in ecchi (e.g., Okusama ga Seitokaichou), which is usually devoid of personality.
7 months ago

Comments

You have to be logged in to write a comment...
Not yet commented...