Vimmbox

Darling in the Franxx Episode 7 - Anime Review

Feb 27, 2018

1'875 views

Ii is the round number seven for Darling in the FranXX and it is time for the mighty (I believe it is even mandatory in japan). This is usually a huge turn down for any anime Fan who doesn’t really care for the fanservice everybody else is craving for. Will this episode be bad or are Studio Trigger and A1-Pictures able to pull it off?

Synopsis

After last week’s battle, Squad 13 was given a special vacation at the beach. For the kids it’s the first time seeing an ocean that’s okay to swim in. Ikuno had apparently the same perception of their world as I had: I didn’t know a place like this beach could survive on the surface. I am going off course here. Ichigo narrates, that after they where assigned to the FranXX program, the children are living their lives under extreme anxiety and stress. So, the beach is a good opportunity to think about something other than fighting the Klaxosaurs. All boys and girls are enjoying their stay and it is obvious that our best boy Goro has an eye for Ichigo in her bikini. We learn that Hiro has been officially promoted to parasite. After the amazing opening we see the APE during their (I guess weekly) discussion during which the end game of this series might have been named. Hiro will be tasked to bring Zero Two to the Grand Crevasse. Furthermore, Zero Two has been officially assigned to Plantation 13. We also learn that it was Doctor Franxx’s idea to the beach, where the kids might learn something about love and sex, more on that later. Back to the beach, we see the boys spying on the girls. Obviously, they have no idea about sexuality, so they make some weird remarks. For example, Zorome states: “For some reason, the girls look 50% cuter. It’s a mystery.”

We also see some romantic “pillow” talk between Hiro and Zero Two. Zero Two is the only one who has at least an idea what love and sexuality could mean. She says to hero in an explanatory manner: “A kiss is a declaration that the other person belongs to you. So, you should only kiss the person you love.” We see also a sweat bantering between Ichigo and Ikuno. I believe to see a hint, that Ikuno might be gay. She acts quite differently in front of Ichigo than in front of her partner Mitsuru. But it might also be because Mitsuru had no trouble dropping her for Zero Two. Mitsuru finds a small path who leads to a small abandoned village. There they find some indices about the past. The Kids find different posters of romantic movies and Kokoro even finds a book on having the first baby. I wonder if the act of loving someone changes their ability to pilot the FranXX. In the village, Zero Two confronts Ichigo. She boasts on having already kissed Hiro. In my opinion she is very petty. I don’t know, if she knows that Ichigo has a crush on Hiro, but it sure does seem like it. In the evening and after dinner, Ichigo and Hiro have a walk on the beach. This scene was so far my favourite scene in this entire series. In their dialog there are a lot of hints of what might happen in the future. Hiro for example, points at some shooting stars. This cut might indicate a bright light who shines the way for the others before vanishing in the void. I believe this could be a death flag for Hiro. He might get a “Kamina-Treatment” and die in the near future.

Themes

- Love and sexuality. The kids have no clue on these themes. However, Doctor Franxx might have send them to the beach, so that our protagonists find more about this subject. I am sure that this theme will follow us until the end of this series.
- Grand Crevasse. This term might represent the end game for our protagonist. Hiro and Zero Two will eventually go there and probably fight a immense number of Klaxosaurs. Maybe they will only be able to win if they use some kind of “power of love”.

Verdict

I know this was a beach episode and I am not particularly fond of those. However, Studio Trigger and A1-Pictures pulled it off and I really enjoyed this episode. Was it the best episode so far? Probably not. But it surely had a lot of world building, character development and even some foreshadowing. I am hyped to see next week’s episode.

report With the click of this button you will proceed to the media-reporting form.
comment
Without you
By
Rashmita

He left her and went without saying a goodbye.
The day before he left her they had a wonderful time together.
But next day she didn't found him, what she found was only the ring.
She missed him a lot but then she got over it.
1 year ago
Hoon mai parwana
By
Bhagwansingh

Hoon mai parwana magar koi sahmma
To ho
Raat to ho jaan dene ko hoon haazir koi
Baat toh ho
1 year ago
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 2 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

It is a worth watching anime series and I genuinely just can’t wait to see another episode of this series. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni is my favorite series.
2 years ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 is still going strong with this episode. This wasn’t my favourite episode so far, but it doesn’t mean it won’t get better in the future. I am definitely hyped to see the upcoming epic fight.
2 years ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This episode has a lot of characterisation and interaction between the main characters. We finally see the darker side of our bets girl Zero Tow and it’s apparent, that she is not a good girl.
2 years ago
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 49 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Unfortunately, this was just a “meh!” episode. I didn’t really care about the characters. However, I still enjoyed it for what they are. I didn’t bother to write a review for this episode. I quoted following review from theanimescrolls. If you like it, please click on the link below and give them some love. That aside, enjoy!
2 years ago
Wo mere dil per
By
Bhagwansingh

Wo mere dil per sar rakh
Kar soyi thi
Bekhber
Hamnye dhadkan hi rok li
Kahi nind na
Tut jaaye unki
Er kasz
1 year ago
Tirchi nigaahon se
By
Bhagwansingh

Tirchi nigaahon se na dekh aashiq e dilbar ko
Kaise teerandaaz ho tum
Zara seedha to karlo teer ko
1 year ago
Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love
By
shankar

Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love
11 months ago
Kabhi udaas ho jayo to btana
By
Bhagwansingh

Kabhi udaas ho ho jaya to btana
Mujhse
Fir se apna dil denga tumhe
Khelne k liya
1 year ago

Comments

You have to be logged in to write a comment...
Create account
Login
Not yet commented...