Vimmbox

Darling in the Franxx Episode 9 - Anime Review

Mar 10, 2018

2'398 views

Wow, wow, wow! This episode had so much going on. The romantic tensions in the last episodes got finally their pay off. And damn, it was beautiful to see Goro coping with his feelings for Ichigo. I admit, I am completely addicted to this show!

Synopsis

This week’s episode starts with Goro looking at Ichigo, who is playing with a cat and a small and cuddly toy rabbit, from a distance. However, the kids received some presents from Papa. We learn, that Papa gives the pilots presents once every year. Hiro for example wished for a book about birds. Zorome, who is admiring Papa and the APE council, reads the letter they received with the presents. The letter is more or less a motivational onspeache, with some signs of gratitude of Papa towards the children. Knowing, that what they are doing benefits Papa ande the APE council, gets Zorome really hyped up about their task. While Ichigo is spying, Hero gives Zero Two a mirror, because she didn’t get a present. This mirror belonged to Naomi, but she left it behind. Zero Two is really happy about the present and hugs Hiro. She says: “I never knew getting a present from someone could make me this happy.”

During a flash back, we see, that Goro wanted to give a hair clip to Ichigo. However, Hiro was faster and Goro never had the chance to give his present. In the bedroom, Goro has a frank talk with Hiro. During this discussion, He explains that Ichigo is looking at Hiro the same way Hiro looks at Zero Two. Furthermore, he confesses to Hiro, that he loves Ichigo. The next day, we see our main characters dooring their briefing before a fight. They expect a Gutenberg-class Klaxosaur. However, it’s still a long way from the plantation. This Klaxosaur is looking like a jelly fish. Zorome and Miku charge in to the fight and get immediately in to trouble. Ichigo intervenes and gets herself and Goro into trouble as well. Goro decides to eject Ichigo to save her life. Now Goro is alone and trapped inside the Klaxosaur. For the moment, the others can’t do anything to free Goro from the monster and retreat. Ichigo is understandably pissed about it. However, the kids have a plan for when the Klaxosaur gets closer. They want to send Ichigo into the monster as well so that she can continue to pilot the FranXX with Goro. She will enter the Klaxosaur by its exhaust. Goro is already preparing the selfdestruct, when Ichigo finally enters the FranXX. We learn, that in the past Goro was not liked by the other childrens. He used to fight a lot with the others. Ichigo and Hiro where the only ones who stood with him. Ichigo furthermore used to help him fight the others. Back to present, Goro and Ichigo are able to escape the Klaxosaur. The monster is destroyed by the emergency energy pack of the trapped FranXX. Freed, Goro has finally the chance to thank Ichigo for his liberation. Futhermore, he confesses to Ichigo. However, the girl is not sure how to react about Goros confession, but Goro keeps his cool.

Themes

- Unanswered love of Goro to Ichigo. He has learned to cope with the affection of Ichigo to Hiro. However, He finally confessed his feelings to Ichigo.
- Goro is willing to sacrifice himself for the others.
- All the characters are developing feelings independently from Hiro and Zero Two.

Verdict

This episode is again on of my favourites of this series so far. We get a lot of insight in Goro’s past. We learn for example, that he wasn’t liked by the others except by Hiro and Ichigo. I find really cruel, that he had the same idea for a present for Ichigo as Hiro, but he never got around to give it to his love. This episode shows really good how far the Kids have developed so far. Goro is now able to recognize the feeling and calling “love”.

Of course, the relationship between Zero Two and Hiro is the example, but the others are now developing their own feelings independently. However, I strongly believe, that Ichigo has yet to find the right solution for her situation. Seeing her spying on Hiro and Zero Two war really heart wrenching for me. I am really glad to see that the previews, more slice of life episodes, have a great pay off. All this world building and romantic tension lead finally to Goro confessing his feelings to Ichigo. That is the reason why I love this episode and why I absolutely adore this series.

Report With the click of this button you will proceed to the media-reporting form.
comment
Without you
By
Rashmita

He left her and went without saying a goodbye.
The day before he left her they had a wonderful time together.
But next day she didn't found him, what she found was only the ring.
She missed him a lot but then she got over it.
1 year ago
Kabhi udaas ho jayo to btana
By
Bhagwansingh

Kabhi udaas ho ho jaya to btana
Mujhse
Fir se apna dil denga tumhe
Khelne k liya
1 year ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 is still going strong with this episode. This wasn’t my favourite episode so far, but it doesn’t mean it won’t get better in the future. I am definitely hyped to see the upcoming epic fight.
2 years ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This episode has a lot of characterisation and interaction between the main characters. We finally see the darker side of our bets girl Zero Tow and it’s apparent, that she is not a good girl.
2 years ago
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 49 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Unfortunately, this was just a “meh!” episode. I didn’t really care about the characters. However, I still enjoyed it for what they are. I didn’t bother to write a review for this episode. I quoted following review from theanimescrolls. If you like it, please click on the link below and give them some love. That aside, enjoy!
1 year ago
प्यार
By
My creation

love life's thoughts

❤❤प्रेम विधाता की सबसे सुंदर कृति है❤❤
11 months ago
Wo mere dil per
By
Bhagwansingh

Wo mere dil per sar rakh
Kar soyi thi
Bekhber
Hamnye dhadkan hi rok li
Kahi nind na
Tut jaaye unki
Er kasz
1 year ago
Hoon mai parwana
By
Bhagwansingh

Hoon mai parwana magar koi sahmma
To ho
Raat to ho jaan dene ko hoon haazir koi
Baat toh ho
1 year ago
Tirchi nigaahon se
By
Bhagwansingh

Tirchi nigaahon se na dekh aashiq e dilbar ko
Kaise teerandaaz ho tum
Zara seedha to karlo teer ko
1 year ago
Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love
By
shankar

Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love
9 months ago

Comments

You have to be logged in to write a comment...
Create account
Login
Not yet commented...