Vimmbox

Violet Evergarden Episode 8 - Anime Review

Mar 01, 2018

2'309 views

This was the first episode of Violet Evergarden to deliver the same level of spectacle and emotional intensity as the premiere. The final moments came almost out of nowhere, even if they have been foreshadowed for a while.
Synopsis
The parallels between Oscar and Violet are laid out in the episode&039;s first scene, when a character from one of Oscar&039;s plays kills someone and says, “I must live with my sin now for the rest of my life.” From the moment she&039;s assigned to scribe for him, it&039;s clear that Oscar&039;s writing resonates with Violet. She gets emotionally invested in his latest story about a young girl who can&039;t return home to her father and insists that Oscar must finish it when he seems ready to give up. When Violet says, “I feel like I&039;m going through the experience even though it never really happened,” Oscar tells her that she is experiencing empathy. Like the character in Oscar&039;s play, Violet must live with her sin for the rest of her life. It is interesting that, as Violet gradually learns to empathize with others, she begins to realize the severity of her past deeds. She has killed other people before. It now makes sense why Violet&039;s encounter with Gilbert&039;s brother took place so early in the anime&039;s story. His scorn toward her has triggered Violet to do some self-reflection, which was always necessary for her to truly learn to empathize. Toward the end of the episode, she comes to a realization: “I&039;ve probably taken away so many ‘one day’ wishes.” As her emotional development continues The most emotional scene of this episode was the incidental encounter with the Evergardens prompts them to let slip that Gilbert died on his last mission. Hodgins admits that he was hiding this fact from Violet from the beginning. Violet is understandably devastated.

Themes
- The overarching themes of Violet Evergarden: the idea that we can experience the feelings of others through words.
- It is not at all unusual for postwar stories to explore trauma and survivor&039;s guilt, but there&039;s something stark and compelling about the anime&039;s handling of these themes. Violet&039;s initial lack of guilt is the biggest sign of how thoroughly the war broke her as a person.

Verdict
The main takeaway of this episode is the overwhelming weight of guilt on Violet&039;s shoulders. Violet Evergarden never needed such extravagant displays to pack an emotional punch. This was by far my favourite episode so far. I really enjoyed the depth, that this show is taking. Furthermore, the emotions are very well portrayed, not like some other drama shows, which get cheesy. This episode got me really hyped for the next.

Sources:
animenewsnetwork

Report With the click of this button you will proceed to the media-reporting form.
comment
Viral Go Redesign Premium Blogger Template
By
Campuran354

Download template blogger gratis
9 months ago
Nanatsu no Taizai Season 2 Episode 3 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 is still going strong with this episode. This wasn’t my favourite episode so far, but it doesn’t mean it won’t get better in the future. I am definitely hyped to see the upcoming epic fight.
1 year ago
Darling in the Franxx Episode 5 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

This episode has a lot of characterisation and interaction between the main characters. We finally see the darker side of our bets girl Zero Tow and it’s apparent, that she is not a good girl.
1 year ago
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 49 - Anime Review
By
AnAnimeGeek

Unfortunately, this was just a “meh!” episode. I didn’t really care about the characters. However, I still enjoyed it for what they are. I didn’t bother to write a review for this episode. I quoted following review from theanimescrolls. If you like it, please click on the link below and give them some love. That aside, enjoy!
1 year ago
Devilman: Crybaby - Aha!
By
AnAnimeGeek

Devilman Crybaby (stylized as DEVILMAN crybaby) is a Japanese anime series based on Go Nagai's manga Devilman. It was directed by Masaaki Yuasa and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi, and premiered on January 5, 2018 worldwide streaming on Netflix as an original series.
2 years ago
Darling in the Franxx - Aha!
By
AnAnimeGeek

Darling in the Franxx (Japanese: ダーリン・イン・ザ・フランキス Hepburn: Dārin In Za Furankisu) is a 2018 Japanese science fiction anime television series co-produced by Trigger and A-1 Pictures premiered on January 13, 2018. The series was announced at Trigger's Anime Expo 2017 panel in July 2017. A manga adaptation by Kentaro Yabuki and another caricature began serialization on January 14, 2018.
2 years ago
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
By
AnAnimeGeek

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Japanese: デスマーチからはじまる異世界狂想曲 Hepburn: Desu Māchi Kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyōsōkyoku) is a Japanese light novel series written by Hiro Ainana. The first volume was published in March 2014. A manga adaptation by Ayamegumu ran in Age Premium until the magazine ceased publication, and was then transferred to Monthly Dragon Age. Both the light novels and the manga adaptation have been licensed for publication in North America by Yen Press. An anime television series adaptation by Silver Link and Connect premiered on January 11, 2018.
2 years ago
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
By
AnAnimeGeek

Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san (からかい上手の高木さん, lit. "Skilled Teaser Takagi-san") is a Japanese manga series by Sōichirō Yamamoto. The series features the daily life of Takagi-san, who loves to tease her classmate and friend Nishikata-kun, and Nishikata-kun's failed attempts to get back at her. An anime television series adaptation by Shin-Ei Animation premiered on January 8, 2018.
2 years ago

Comments

You have to be logged in to write a comment...
Create account
Login
Not yet commented...